Sunday, April 15, 2012

{what next?}

We've been gone.




For our Spring Break fun this year we went to the Sequoias and asked my parents to come along. We took our time getting up there, enjoying beautiful scenery along the way.
-the kids, Dad and Mom, Us at Hume Lake


It never fails to amaze me how HUGE these trees are! We had a great time together. As you can see we had beautiful weather. There was a little snow on the ground here and there. It was sunny though, and just right for hiking around the trees.

My little one wasn't feeling real well, so that was a concern of mine. During the night she spiked a fever of 105°. On the paper where I was keeping track of her temperature and the times it was taken I wrote "frantic panic"!


Her temp wasn't the only thing happening overnight. A snowstorm covered the huge trees! How fun! We got to see these giants with a dusting of snow.
It felt like a whole different world than the day before. 
-General Sherman, the largest living tree with a base circumference of 109 ft, and growing!

The glory of God's creation is amazing and humbling...makes one feel small...especially among such tall trees! 















So. Now that we're home that is what I'm asking myself: what next? As in, which project to pick up and be dedicated to? 
I've got plenty of them rattling around in my mind...
-Payton's Quilt
-my sweater
-baby hat made of super fine yarn
-half square triangle quilt
-that bag I wanted to make

And that's only a start...guess I'd better get started! 











No comments:

Post a Comment